- Experienced editor and proofreader specialising in non-fiction and information text.
- Advanced Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading. I follow their Code of Practice.
- I can work on text at any stage, from raw copy to edited material, restructuring, rewriting or simply refining it. Take a look at Editorial Services for more details and to find the service you need.
- Non-fiction, both print and digital, including adults’, children’s, academic, reference and travel titles, highly illustrated books, websites, business materials and self-publishing authors.
- I edit academic theses and dissertations.
- I help to develop non-fiction text to hone its purpose and ensure its message is clear.
- Focusing on excellent client and author communication, I produce work to a high standard within deadlines.
“I really can’t thank you enough for your patience and skill with this book … you have provided the sparkle and expertise”
Margaret Rice, author
Areas of special interest
I work on a wide range of subjects, but these are areas in which I have particular experience:
- Gardening, horticulture, botany
- Academic humanities (history, art, architecture, literature, psychology)
- Biography, autobiography, memoir
- Business and marketing
- “How to” guides
- General science
- Natural history, conservation, ecology