- Advanced Professional Member of The Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP, formerly SfEP)
- Certificate in Ecology and Conservation, Birkbeck College, London, 1994–97
- BA (Hons) English Language and Literature, University of Manchester, 1984–87
Recent training and professional development
- CIEP conference 2020
- Web editing, CIEP 2020
- SfEP conferences 2019, 2016
- SfEP Southwest mini-conference 2018
- References, SfEP 2017
- On-screen editing 2, SfEP 2015
- Copyediting 2, SfEP 2014
- WordPress workshop, Exeter Phoenix 2014
- Joint co-ordinator of the Exeter CIEP local group since 2016.
I work in Word and InDesign, mark up PDFs, and am proficient in WordPress.
To view my CIEP directory entry, click here.
Find me on LinkedIn.
“Jane is a meticulous and untiring editor. She lavishes as much attention on the third draft of a manuscript as she does on the first.“
Ron Sauder, owner, Secant Publishing, LLC
I have a passion for conveying information in a concise and elegant way. In 1998 I became freelance after working in-house at Europa Publications (1989–90), and then as a Senior Editor at Dorling Kindersley (1990–98), where I worked on many projects from large encyclopedias to travel guides. As a freelance editor I relish new challenges and the wide variety of work that I take on, and I enjoy building up relationships with new clients and working with returning clients. I read widely, ranging from nature writing to craft and gardening books, from literary fiction to science fiction and poetry, and am an enthusiastic member of my local book group. My home is in Devon with my family, and I enjoy walking, yoga, growing vegetables, trying to identify wild flowers and going to the beach.
Contact me: email@example.com | 01884 861017 | 07876 166882