I have a passion for conveying information in a concise and elegant way. An independent editor since 1998, I relish new challenges and the wide variety of work that I take on, and I enjoy building up relationships with new clients and working with returning clients. I read widely, ranging from nature writing to craft and gardening books, from literary fiction to science fiction and poetry, and am an enthusiastic member of my local book group. My home is in Devon with my family, and I enjoy walking, yoga, growing vegetables and going to the beach.
- Advanced Professional Member of The Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP, formerly SfEP)
- Certificate in Ecology and Conservation, Birkbeck College, London, 1994–97
- BA (Hons) English Language and Literature, University of Manchester, 1984–87
Recent training and professional development
- CIEP conferences 2020, 2021, 2022
- Web editing, CIEP 2020
- SfEP conferences 2019, 2016
- SfEP Southwest mini-conference 2018
- References, SfEP 2017
- On-screen editing 2, SfEP 2015
- Copyediting 2, SfEP 2014
- WordPress workshop, Exeter Phoenix 2014
I work in Word and InDesign, mark up PDFs, and am proficient in WordPress.
To view my CIEP directory entry, click here.
Find me on LinkedIn.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01884 861017 | 07876 166882